Julie and Garret are back this week in the second episode of a special run of podcasts for Ekklesia's series on Race and Gender Roles called "Walls Torn Down." This week Garret and Julie tackle the questions that came up:
- Where does the idea that Women can’t be pastors or speak in church come from?
- Can a women be a lead pastor?
- Why Julie didn’t deal with passages like 1 Timothy 2 and 1 Corinthians 14 that seem to prohibit women from speaking in a church setting?
- What about gender roles in the home?
- Does drawing attention the sex of the speaker take away from God being the center of attention?
- Are you welcome if you don’t agree with what is being presented?
- How do you deal with people who don’t think that social justice is something christians should be concerned with?